Looking for Inspirational Quotes for Kids? Disney Quotes from Movies + Other Children’s Books’ Quotes
Post summary: 25 Disney Movie Quotes that teach us about wisdom, hope, love, friendship, and life ( Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo and many other) + 5 quotes from other much-loved children’s books
Hidden between the lines of classic children’s stories and movies, you can find a great source of wisdom.
With some added value!
Large doses of authority.
Let’s be honest. Who is more likely to sell a point to your kid, Mufasa from the Lion King or you?
How about your daughter? Will she listen more intensely to Rapunzel’s insights or yours?
I bet Disney quotes will be very effective allies to help teach your kids a few life lessons.
I have curated here a collection of inspirational Disney quotes from movies. And, I’ve also added a few motivational quotes from other children’s stories.
25 Inspirational Disney Movie Quotes about Love, Hope, Wisdom and Friendship
The Lion King Quotes
The Lion King brings us motivational quotes full of wisdom:
- “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it” – Rafiki
- “Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble” – Mufasa
- “Look inside yourself … Remember who you are” – Mufasa
The Beauty and The Beast Quotes
Quotes about hope, love and what is really important in life:
- “She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within” – Narrator / Beggar woman turned enchantress
- “You don’t lose hope, love. If you lose hope, you lose everything.” – Mrs. Potts
- “Love doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be true”
- “Love doesn’t conquer all, but without love, nothing can be conquered”
Inspirational Disney Quotes
- “Sometimes the right path is not always the easiest one” – Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas
- “If you focus on what you left behind you will never see what lies ahead! “– Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille
- “When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming” – Dory, Finding Nemo
- “Sometimes our strengths lie beneath the surface. Far beneath, in some cases” – Moana
- “Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere” – Anton Ego, Ratatouille
Self-improvement quotes that encourage you to take charge of your destiny:
- “Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it” – Princess Merida, Brave
- “You control your destiny. You don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems” – Princess Merida, Brave
- “…You must not let anyone define your limits …. Your only limit is your soul” – Remy, Ratatouille
Disney Quotes on Dreams
Inspirational quotes about the power of dreams (they should probably add that we need to work hard and then they may happen):
- “They say if you dream a thing more than once, it’s sure to come true” – Aurora, Sleeping Beauty
- “Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough” – Peter Pan
- “And yet, through it all, Cinderella remained ever gentle and kind, for with each dawn she found new hope that someday, her dreams of happiness would come true” – Narrator
Love Disney Quote
- “Love is when you put someone else’s needs before yours” – Olaf, Frozen
Other Disney quotes
- “And when I promise something, I never ever break that promise. Never.” Rapunzel, Tangled
- “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, the job’s a game” Mary Poppins
Quotes by Walt Disney
Since most of the quotes I’ve shared belong to the Disney world, I must wrap this up by adding a few sentences from Walt Disney himself.
Walt Disney clearly believed in fighting to make dreams come true:
- “If you can dream it, you can do it”
- “Don’t sleep to rest, sleep to dream, because dreams are to be fulfilled”
- “Ask yourself if what you are doing today brings you closer to the place where you want to be tomorrow”
- “The difference between winning and losing is often not quitting”
Other Inspirational Quotes from Children’s Books
Dr. Seuss Quotes
I love Dr. Seuss quotes, they are clever and full of wisdom. These are some of my favorites:
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go”
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose”
The Little Prince Quotes
And let’s not forget such a wonderful book as The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye”
- “It is far more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself rightly, then indeed you are very wise”
Other Motivational Posts in this Blog
25 Inspirational Disney Movie Quotes + 5 Wisdom Quotes from Children’s Books