50 Growth Mindset Quotes for the Classroom & Home (+ Flashcards PDF)
Growth Mindset Quotes for the Classroom & Home: 50 motivational quotes, a fun growth mindset activity to inspire your kid or students (including famous people’s quotes) / Download a free PDF with some Growth Mindset Cards for Kids (at the end of the post.)
People with a growth mindset believe that they can grow their abilities through effort, helpful strategies, and other people’s support.
Encouraging mindset changes doesn’t mean repeating to our kids, “You can do anything”. A growth mindset is tuned to the importance of hard work, effort, and adequate strategies that lead to successful outcomes.
Best Classroom Quotes
Seen on classroom walls around the world, these quotations are a simple yet powerful tool.
Hanging growth mindset posters is one of those positive things that can impact your child’s life in a great way. They can create an environment of positivity just by being a visual reference.
Here are a few inspirational quotes that can help remind people of the value of a positive attitude…
1. Smart is something you become, not something you are.
2. Don’t go through life, grow through life.
3. I can do hard things.
4. It’s okay not to know, it’s not okay not to try.
5. Believe in yourself.
6. We can do much more than we expect if we stick to it long enough.
7. I learn more from a mistake than from success.
8. The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking chances.
9. I achieve my goals when I work toward them
Favorite Growth Mindset Quotes by Famous People
Motivational quotes can be very influential when a well-known person has said them. To help inspire your students even more, here are some of the most popular positive growth mindset quotes by famous people.
1. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” – Jack Sparrow
2. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying. – Tony Robbins
3. One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” – Maya Angelou
4. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “When you go from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset, a new world of possibilities opens up.” – Imaan Farooq
6. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
7. “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
8. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.” – Thomas Watson
9. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
10. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.”– Henry Ford
(Note: I don’t really agree with the first part of this quotation, but would definitely subscribe to “If you think you can’t, you’re right”)
11. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet. In order to learn how to do it.” – Vincent Van Gogh
12. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
13. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.” – Norman Vincent Peale
14. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” – Helen Keller
15. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
16. “Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.” – James Dewar
17. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” – The Dalai Lama
18. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible.’” – Audrey Hepburn
19. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
20. “If parents want to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning.”– Carol Dweck
21. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” — Muhammad Ali
22. “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
23. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
24. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So sail away from the safe harbour. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
25. It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
26. “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
27. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being.” – John Wooden
28. “I don’t believe in failure. It is not a failure if you enjoyed the process.”
– Oprah Winfrey
29. “Live as is if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
30. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake.”
– Elbert Hubbard
31. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish with your actions. All life is an experiment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.” – Napoleon Hill
33. “Do you know great minds enjoy excellence, average minds love mediocrity and small minds adore comfort zones?” ― Onyi Anyado
34. “No matter what, people grow. If you chose not to grow, you’re staying in a small box with a small mindset. People who win go outside of that box. It’s very simple when you look at it.” – Kevin Hart
35. “The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail. It’s that we aim too low and succeed.” – Michelangelo
36. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
37. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
38. “We like to think of our champions and idols as superheroes who were born different from us. We don’t like to think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary. ” – Carol Dweck
39. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King
40. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
41. “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
Pin for later ⬇️
Free Download Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids (Printable Cards)
Download your free growth mindset printable cards by filling in the fields below:
i love all your work.
These cards are going to be so awesome for my students. Thank you for creating and sharing them!
I truly appreciate your hard work and sincere effort for creating meaningful resources for the parents, teachers and all community helpers!
I always try to take a look at all your strategies and resources to help out my students who have various needs.